Recently Added Tunes
- Cuil Aodha, The [A]
- Little Stack of Wheat (Bantry Bay) [G]
- Joey Clement's [Edor]
- The Drumraney Lass [Ador]
- Kitty's Rambles [D]
Recently Added Sets
- Lancer Reel [D] / Rollicking Boys Of Tandaragee, The [Em] / Give Us a Drink of Water [G]
- Little Stack of Wheat [G] / Julia Clifford's [Ador]
- Joey Clement's [Edor] / Mrs. Belle's #10 [D] / Coming from the Races [G]
- Small Hills Of Offaly, The [D] / Farewell to Old Decency [G]
- Garrett Barry's [Dmix] / Cook In The Kitchen, The [G]
NLTrad is a small, curated collection of traditional music organized in an online, searchable database. My focus is on Newfoundland and Irish tunes that are played at local sessions here in St. John's, NL, Canada.
I am open to receiving tunes from contributors, but they must be tunes that are regularly played at local sessions. This requirement helps keep the workload manageable and focused.
Thanks to Jason Noseworthy for the image above, taken at a session in Greensleeves on May 23rd, 2021!
You can contact me at email@example.com.
Tunes in this collection will always be freely available.
Traditional Music Sessions
Support your local session - drop in to listen or play. If you decide to play, please practice good session etiquette!
Saturday, 3-6pm - The Stone Jug, 232 Water St., Carbonear, NL. Hosted by Gerry Strong. Open to all players.
Saturday, 8-10pm - Peter Easton Pub, 29 Cookstown Road. Hosted by Kelly Russell.
Sunday, 3-6pm - O'Reilly's Pub, 13 George St., St. John's, NL. Hosted by Fergus Brown-O'Byrne & Tony O'Brien.
Monthly / Occasional
Last Wednesday of each month, 9:00-11:30pm - The Ship Pub and Kitchen. This monthly session is organized by the Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Festival. A different host each month. Suitable for players of all skill levels.