Recently Added Tunes
- Copper and Brass (Humours of Ennistymon) [G]
- Tom Billy's (De Dannan) [Amix]
- The New Mown Meadow (Tony MacMahon/Noel Hill) [Edor]
- Lonesome Polka #1 (Jimmy Doyle's) [G]
- Lonesome Polka #2 (The Lisheen) [G]
Recently Added Sets
- The Buffett Double / Rolling In The Ryegrass / The Old Copperplate
- Humours Of Scarriff, The [Ddor] / Colliers, The [Dmix]
- New Mown Meadow (Tony MacMahon/Noel Hill), The [Edor] / Morning Dew (Joe Cooley's) [Edor]
- Tom Billy's (De Dannan) [Amix] / Scatter the Mud [Ador] / Cliffs of Moher, The [Ador]
- Love At The Endings [D] / John Kelly’s (A Kerry Reel) [Edor]
NLTrad is a small, curated collection of traditional music organized in an online, searchable database. My focus is on Newfoundland and Irish tunes that are played at local sessions here in St. John's, NL, Canada.
I am open to receiving tunes from contributors, but they must be tunes that are regularly played at local sessions. This requirement helps keep the workload manageable and focused.
Tunes in this collection will always be freely available.
Traditional Music Sessions
Support your local session - drop in to listen or play. If you decide to play, please practice good session etiquette!
Saturday, 2-4pm - Erin's Pub, 186 Water St. Slow Session hosted by Kelly Russell. Familar tunes played at a relaxed pace. Very welcoming session for beginners but intermediate players will find plenty to challenge them too.
Saturday, 3-6pm - The Stone Jug, 232 Water Street, Carbonear, NL. Hosted by Gerry Strong. Open to all players.
Monthly / Occasional
Last Wednesday of each month, 9:00-11:30pm - The Ship Pub and Kitchen. This monthly session is organized by the Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Festival. A different host each month. Suitable for players of all skill levels.